MLMC is looking for an Accountant to lead the accounting activities at our Plant City, FL location.
We are looking for someone willing to get their hands dirty, and who is willing to wear multiple hats. Responsibilities range from payables/receivables entry and management, to financial statement preparation, human resources and risk management. This role is great opportunity to join a lean team with an opportunity to learn and grow.
- AP and AR Management, including coding and entering in RIMAS
- Manage the production of financial statements for both internal and external purposes, with supporting documentation, variance analysis, and reconciliations, such that the accounting records are auditable at any time.
- Responsible for accurate annual and monthly federal and state corporate tax filings.
- Daily contact for employee benefits administration.
- Audit Procedures – Internal Controls/PO and Approval Process
- Process Expense Reports
- Process Petty Cash Reimbursements
- Preparation and presentation of integrated financial forecasts for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Respond to banking requests for information.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and other financial reporting.
- Daily cash management
- Set up and Service all Leases
- Responsible for all human resource functions of the company.
- Continual development and implementation of IT strategy to meet business needs.
- Responsible for state and local legal compliance.
- Documentation of IT and HR policies and procedures.
- 5 (five) or more years’ experience in a Sr. Accounting role; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Partnership Federal/State Tax Preparation a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Strong people and relationship development skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong follow up and resolution.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience with RIMAS Accounting/Recycling Software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft 365, and ADP TotalSource a plus
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines